Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday Forum: Snacks

1] Which snack foods do you enjoy the most? Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks [or both]?
I love potato chips, but I rarely keep them at home. [Ruffles with a yummy dip are my favorite!] I also like granola bars, pickles, Coke, and chocolate and candy. I guess from that list you can say I like both salty and sweet snacks, but really it depends on my mood and hormones.

2] Do you tend to snack most often during a particular time of day, such as mid-morning or late at night?
I don't tend to snack a lot, but when I do, it tends to be in the afternoon. Some times I'll have the munchies after dinner...but that's pretty rare.

3] Have you been craving any snacks in particular lately? Like what?
Well, now that I mentioned them, I want some chips and pickles. :p The other night I craved popcorn, which I normally don't care for due to an incidence with the flu while working the concession stand in high school. Otherwise, I could always go for a Snickers with Almonds (formerly known as a Mars Bar).

4] Would you rather snack on chocolate or candy? [In other words, are you a chocolate or a candy person?]
Mainly I'm a chocolate person, especially in candybar form [aside from Mars Bars, I like Hershey's with Almonds and Butterfingers]. However, I have a weakness of gummy candy and jelly beans.

5] Do you crave any snacks that others might think are strange? Like what? Did you invent this snack yourself, and how did it come about?
When camping I thought it would be good to slice up some bananas in a bowl and put some freshly made s'mores on top. I got some strange looks for that, but my brother-in-law and I enjoyed them. I also like to eat leftover roasted chicken as a sandwich with pickles and mayo...I don't think that's strange but my husband thinks it is disgusting.

3 comments:

foodiechickie said...

I love salty too. Both my hubbie and I love pickles. I like the tiny non sweet ones. And he prefers the larger ones. I also loved those Mars Bars with Almonds. If the Snickers tastes the same I will buy it cause I cannot find the Mars with Almonds anywhere.

Christina said...

The Snickers with Almonds and Mars are one and the same. For some reason, Mars Inc. decided to change the name two or three years ago.

Lisanne said...

I love anything gummi, too! :) Mmm, Ruffles with sour cream and onion dip!